When you’re working on a higher education degree, you spend a lot of time in the classroom and reading. While this is a great way to learn information, it has its limits. There is nothing like hands-on experience to truly reinforce the learning experience, and set you up for a successful future. Here are a few reasons why a paid internship at Balkan Plumbing is a great idea.
- Internships offer practical application of the things you have learned. Classroom learning is important, but going out and using it in real-life situations takes it to the next level.
- Hands-on-learning helps as you transition from the education world to a professional career. It’s hard to jump from one setting to the next, but an internship offers a nice transition that allows you to continue to learn while you earn money at the same time.
- An internship provides exposure to different types of industries. Maybe you never pictured yourself at a plumbing company, but the more experience the better. You will develop skills that will transfer over to different companies, and it will broaden your horizons.
- Internships boost your confidence. When you complete your time with us, you will be amazed at how much you have learned, and will have the confidence to go out and take the next step.
- Internships help you find employment opportunities. While an internship is a temporary position, you often make contacts that will lead you to a future full-time job. We at Balkan Plumbing have a lot of interaction with others in the community. So if you work hard, learn professionalism, and increase your skills, you will no doubt find some doors opening to you.
- A paid internship at Balkan can lead to an offer to join our team on a full time basis after your graduation.
A paid internship brightens your future, and helps our Team
Our interns are a big help to the Balkan Plumbing team, and they learn a lot too. Bookkeeping, customer service, and team work, are all universal skills useful in any work environment. In addition, when you list working for New York City’s largest sewer and water main contractor on your resume, it can undoubtedly open doors for you.
Below is a description of Brittany’s experience at Balkan Plumbing in her own words. Or, you can also watch this video of Brittany Hines, to hear first-hand the benefits of an internship with us.
My journey as an Intern at Balkan Plumbing has been a learning and growing experience. I’ve acquired many skills that will help me not only in my career, but in life. Working at Balkan, communication and team work are some of the few major skills that I’ve learned. It is extremely important to be able to communicate professionally and respectively with your team in order to function effectively and successfully. I’ve also learned how to work under pressure, which goes hand in hand with time management, organization, and multitasking skills. Team Balkan has been very supportive in my role as an intern here and I couldn’t ask for a better team. As a college student, they were able to accommodate my school schedule, which I am extremely grateful for. Balkan is a great company to work for with numerous opportunities to advance and grow.”
We at Balkan take a lot of pride taking part in helping to ensure a bright future for young and talented people, such as Brittany Hines. If you are looking for a way to practically apply and grow your skills in a paid internship, contact Balkan Plumbing today.