Water Line Replacement And Sewer Line Replacement Cost In New York City. What comprises the cost factors for a house sewer replacement? What is the actual cost for a water and sewer line replacement? These are common questions faced by many property owners throughout NYC when dealing with water main and sewer problems. Replacement cost can the most important determining factor in making the final hiring decision.
There are two main categories that affect the replacement cost for a water line replacement or a sewer line replacement. The first involves technical issues that are pretty basic and easy to understand:
- Length of the water line or sewer line run.
- The size of the water and sewer service line (material replacement cost).
- Which side of the street the NYC water main is on (typically the city water main is 8′ out into the roadway from the curb of the sidewalk where the fire hydrant is located).
- The depth of the sewer line as it exits the property and the depth at the point of connection to the public NYC sewer.
- The amount of cement and roadway restoration required to restore areas disturbed during the water line replacement or sewer replacement. If a roadway has been reconstructed or resurfaced within the last 5 years the DOT required special procedures be followed – this is called a ‘Protected Street’.
- NYC DEP and NYC DOT permits fees add to the cost, but are a small fraction of the overall price for water line replacement and sewer work. NYC DEP permits for repair and replacement work are actually free.
The second factor affecting replacement cost, and not surprisingly the most important, is which water and sewer line contractor you choose to hire. Labor, overhead, and profit comprises anywhere from 60% or more of the cost of the typical water line replacement and sewer replacement cost. The only water line and sewer line replacement contractor in NYC who offers the following is Balkan:
- A ‘uniform pricing policy’ that ensures a fair and uniform price no matter the severity of the water and sewer line problem.
- Bulk purchasing of all materials to ensure the lowest material costs possible.
- In-house paving and cement crews to ensure low cost, close oversight, and professional restoration of disturbed areas usually within 24 hours.
- No sub-contracting so you receive ‘deal direct’ pricing and accurate job site reports.
- Hands-on Family Ownership that eliminates multi-level management which adds to the replacement cost of any water line replacement or sewer line replacement.
- In-house mechanics to keep our fleet rolling you without the expensive and sometimes unreliable use of outside repair shops.
- All of our employees are full time and the vast majority are long-term Balkan team members. By having a stable labor force our replacements cost rates are amongst the lowest, if not the lowest, in the entire NYC plumbing industry.
- A 48,000 square foot facility that ensures all needed tools, materials, and equipment are on hand, in stock, and purchased in advance at the best negotiated price. In addition we constantly invest in new and modern specialty tools and equipment.
- Over 60 years of experience, which saves our Clients replacement cost on a daily basis. With our expertise unnecessary and unneeded water line and sewer work is avoided. Avoiding an unnecessary job is priceless, literally.
- Free no-obligation on-site visits and free written estimates.
That is why for over 60 years throughout Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx the property owners of NYC trust their water line replacement and house sewer replacement work to Balkan. The right job at the right price, as promised and every time.
Pipe Lining And Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement
An important issue to always keep in mind in NYC for a sewer line replacement is that both the NYC Department of Buildings and the NYC Department of Environmental Protection expressly state that sewer liners and trenchless house sewers are illegal.
Sewer liners do not fix a dislodged, backpitched, root infested, or crushed sewer line. Sewer liners are meant as rehabilitation for a properly functioning public sewer line, not as a means to perform a house sewer line replacement. In addition sewer liners frequently cost more than the typical and legal house sewer line replacement cost.
About Joseph L. Balkan Inc.
Balkan Plumbing is the largest sewer replacement and water main line replacement company in NYC. We are licensed plumbers who are also bonded and insured. As a family owned and operated sewer and water main company established for over 60 years, our 10 year unconditional guarantee means we continue to stand by our replacement work long after the job is done.
We are fully equipped from our 48,000 square foot facilities which contain dozens of trucks, heavy moving equipment, backhoes, tools, materials, and pneumatics. For all your water main line or sewer line breaks or upgrades, NYC DEP violations, new or repair of catch basins, new or relocating a fire hydrants manhole built or repaired, fire sprinkler service work, or any type of water main and sewer work contact Balkan Plumbing today.
Joseph L. Balkan Inc.
130-01 Jamaica Avenue
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
Phone: (718) 849-0900 | Espanol (718) 849-0900 | Fax: (718) 849-9570
EXPERT ADVICE – FREE SITE VISITS