We here at Joseph L. Balkan, Inc. Sewer and Water Main Specialists know how tempting it is to hire a contractor with the lowest quote when it comes to your water line repair cost. However, it is also important to realize those quotes are typically lower because the contractor has found short-term workarounds that may cause you long-term problems and even more expensive repairs. You are likely wondering what factors go into water line repair costs. Each project comes with unique challenges and requirements, which is why Balkan Plumbing offers free water line repair cost advice for your project.
Joseph L. Balkan, Inc. has been repairing water lines for over 60 years in New York City. Over those six decades, we have learned that our policy of doing the best job possible the first time, every time means our customers can rest easy knowing we have resolved their water line repair problems.
We offer the most cost-effective services that stand up to the most even the most intense inspection. Our repairs, replacements, and installations are handled by experienced professionals who take pride in every job and do the highest-quality work in New York City. Our costs are low, our standards are high and our workmanship is guaranteed. That is the Balkan Difference.
Factors when determining water line repair cost:
- Labor, tools, and equipment: Labor is the most costly of any water line repair or replacement project. Approximately 55 percent to 65 percent of costs come from the complete service crew and any tools or equipment needed to complete the project.
- Materials: We guarantee our materials are always the proper ones for your specific repair and will be up to code and pass inspection. Material cost varies depending on the size of the project, but typically makes up about 15 percent of the total costs.
- Permits: New York City DEP permits for repairs or replacement are always free, but New York City DOT permit has fees. These can account for approximately 5 percent of the plumbing repair cost.
- Restoring finished surfaces: This cost varies from project to project depending on just how much of the finished surface was disturbed. The final cost associated with it ranges between 5 percent and 10 percent.
- Trucking fees for debris removal and clean fill: Due to guidelines set forth by the NYC DOT, excavated material not meeting certain standards (moisture content, amount of clay and/or rocks, etc.) must be hauled away and replaced with clean backfill. This ensures the excavation stays level and does not sink in the future. Fees for these services typically make up about 5 percent of the final costs.
The costs for each project are meticulously calculated after our experts have properly evaluated the needs of each customer. We do not cut corners. We do not overcharge our customers. We do not rush through a project just to get to the next one. Our advice to anyone seeking a contractor to do a water line repair is to seek out a qualified, professional and experienced business that is willing to stand by the work done on your project. Balkan Plumbing is that company.
That is the Balkan Difference and why you should never hesitate to contact Balkan Plumbing for any sewer or water service repairs, replacements or installations.