Balkan expertly performs Sewer and Water Main Service installations and upgrades for new construction and alterations. We provide you with results, not excuses. Our expert Office and Field personnel are familiar with the paperwork and inspection process required for new and upgraded sewer and water main service line installations.
For all new construction and renovation projects Balkan will patiently guide you through the entire NYC DEP permit process. This is key to ensure safety and compliance with local codes for any new construction. Balkan always starts your work when we say we will and in the most timely of manner. Once work is started Joseph L. Balkan Inc. will work uninterrupted, we do not “skip from job to job”. This continuity of service ensures your next renovation or new construction project is done without delays or cost overruns.
‘Safety First’ For Your Next Renovation Or New Construction
During the course of the installation for both renovations and new construction, all open excavations will be covered with steel plates, proper signage will always be on display, and the site will be left broom clean. Our high regard for job site safety avoids costly legal exposure and aggravation to our valued Clients. All field workers are provided with a full array of personal safety gear and are 10 hour OSHA certified. In-house safety meetings are a routine occurrence and safety is stressed on a daily basis. Job site and worker safety requires a company-wide commitment.
Upon completion, final restoration of disturbed areas is typically done within 24 hours. Balkan has highly skilled in-house restoration crews. Final sign-offs are then secured in the most timely of manners. This high level of customer service is part of the standard Balkan “Client Courtesy Package” for all sewer and water main work.
What’s behind the ‘Balkan Promise’
Any company can make attractive promises of superior service, a wonderful staff, and high quality installations. But what’s backing up those promises?
- Balkan maintains a fully staffed office of seven highly trained and dedicated customer service representatives in addition to one of the Balkan brothers always on hand. Paul R. Balkan and David Balkan are hands-on and truly dedicated to their chosen trade.
- Two in-house permit expeditors secure permits as soon as is possible and communicate permit status reports daily.
- All materials used including materials to restore disturbed surfaces meet or exceed applicable NYC code requirements.
- A 48,000 square foot facility and a company-wide commitment to excellence.
- The same name our company was founded with, Joseph L. Balkan Inc, stands today over 60 years later. Isn’t it reassuring to know that a company can survive and prosper through good times and bad times alike. In 1952 our phone number was MI(CHIGAN) 1-1222. Call our 60 year old number and see what happens!
What type of installations require an inspection?
Most subsurface sewer and water line installations require an inspection from either the DEP or Department of Buildings. If proper inspections are not arranged and the work approved the sign-offs will never be issued.
Sewer Line Work
Any sewer work regardless of whether a new installation, upgrade, disconnection, or repair requires an inspection. If a sewer permit is secured in NYC and no inspection is arranged that permit will remain an ‘open item ‘ and could delay a sale of the property and prevent a certificate of occupancy form being issued. If the work is for a disconnection for demolition of the property the demolition will not be signed off.
Water service line work
In the City of New York when a main water line is installed as new, there are cases when an inspection is not required. Domestic water services (services that do not provide fire protection) up to 2″ in diameter do not require a DEP inspection. If a sign-off is required for such work the Licensed Master Plumber that performed the installation is permitted to submit an affidavit to the NYC DEP. The DEP will then issue a sign-off based upon the plumbers affidavit.
Contact Sewer and Water Main Specialists
Contact a Balkan sewer and water main installation or upgrade specialist for your next renovation or new construction project via our 24/7 online form or call us at (718) 849-0900. View our client testimonials.