Bronx water main and Bronx sewer work should be dealt with in a timely and professional manner. NYC water main and sewer contractors should be expected to deliver same day or next day response to NYC DEP notices and typically complete work orders within 24 hours. Among New York City water main and sewer contractors Balkan is the only one that can offer a full and complete range of services for property owners in the Bronx.
As a highly experienced Bronx sewer and water main contractor, Balkans services also include the most modern and up-to-date tools. Among these specialized tools is rock breaking technology that can quickly address bed rock conditions at the most reasonable of costs. An assortment of specialty tools and equipment can handle any unforeseen circumstance and allow for the job to proceed as planned and frequently under budget. When a sub-surface plumbing situations arises in the Bronx count on Balkan to have an answer for any situation.
See What Balkan Brings To The Bronx
- Over 60 years of continuous operation under the same trusted family name.
- A fully staffed office open over 12 hours a day.
- A live operator and field personnel for after hours, or emergency calls.
- All work performed by highly trained and experienced Balkan personnel.
- Balkan does not sub contract any sewer or water main work.
- All Foreman with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Same day service available for emergency Bronx sewer or water main situations.
- In-house paving and cement crews for prompt restoration of disturbed areas typically within 24 hours.
- Domestically produced extra heavy cast iron sewer pipe used exclusively.
- A 10 year guarantee on all sewer line replacement and water line replacement work.
- A ‘Uniform Pricing Policy‘ for all Bronx water main or Bronx sewer work to ensure the fairest of prices regardless of the urgency of the situation or the time of day. Get a free no-obligation site visit
From our professional and dedicated staff, to a 48,000 square foot facility, to our in-house mechanics and GPS controlled fleet of fully stocked service vehicles Balkan is ‘The clear choice’ amongst Bronx sewer and water main contractors. Count on prompt and expert service for any Bronx sewer or water main problem. In the Bronx and throughout the entire NYC metropolitan area for over 60 years Balkan provides ‘Results Not Excuses‘.
“We’re going to the Broncks” - A little history
Did you ever wonder why every borough of NYC is just called by it’s name except ‘The Bronx’? Queens is Queens, Brooklyn is Brooklyn, and so on -But the Bronx is ‘The Bronx’. A reasonable explanation is that Jonas Bronck settled there in the 1600′s and eventually owned approximately 500 acres of land. Hence the opinion that people say ‘the Bronx’ because when they were going to that area back in the day, they were actually going to see The Broncks.
A little more Bronx history – courtesy of Wikipedia
The Bronx was called Rananchqua by the native Siwanoy band of Lenape (the Delawares to Europeans), while other Native Americans knew the Bronx as Keskeskeck. It was divided by the Aquahung River.
Jonas Bronck (?–1643) was a Scandinavian-born emigrant from Holland who arrived in New Netherland during the spring of 1639. He became the first recorded European settler in the area now known as The Bronx. He leased land from the Dutch West India Company on the neck of the mainland immediately north of the Dutch settlement in Harlem (on Manhattan island), and bought additional tracts from the local tribes. He eventually accumulated 500 acres (about 2 square km, or 3/4 of a square mile) between the Harlem River and the Aquahung, which became known as Bronck’s River, or The Bronx. Dutch and English settlers referred to the area as Bronck’s Land. The American poet William Bronk is a descendant of Pieter Bronck, either Jonas Bronck’s son or younger brother.
The Bronx is referred to, both legally,and colloquially, with a definite article, as The Bronx. (The County of Bronx, unlike the coextensive Borough of the Bronx, does not place the immediately before Bronx in formal references, nor does the United States Postal Service in its database of Bronx addresses.) The name for this region, apparently after the Bronx River, first appeared in the Annexed District of the Bronx created in 1874 out of part of Westchester County and was continued in the Borough of the Bronx, which included a larger annexation from Westchester County in 1898. The use of the definite article is attributed to the style of referring to rivers. Another explanation for the use of the definite article in the borough’s name is that the original form of the name was a possessive or collective one referring to the family, as in visiting The Broncks, The Bronck’s or The Broncks’.
More articles about Bronx sewer and water main work
- Unusual Bronx Residential Sewer Line Repair Over Twenty Feet Deep Posted on: October 28, 2013
Residential sewer line repair work is always technically challenging, requiring […]
- Home Sewer System Primer, How Sewers Function & Typical Problems Posted on: October 11, 2013
A home sewer system is referred to in the plumbing […]
- Main Sewer Line Replacement Cost In New York City Posted on: October 1, 2013
Main sewer line replacement cost within the boroughs of NYC […]
- Sewer Repair Cost In Queens, Brooklyn And The Bronx Posted on: September 24, 2013
The sewer repair cost structure in Brooklyn, Queens and the […]
- How To Find The Sewer Trap And Locate Your House Sewer Posted on: May 31, 2013
Many people frequently have house sewer line or drain issues […]
About Joseph L. Balkan Inc.
Balkan is the largest sewer & water main service company in New York City. Balkan is bonded, multiple licenses, fully insured, and provides service throughout the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. As a family owned and operated plumbing company in operation for over 60 years our ten year guarantee on replacement work means we continue to stand by our installations long after the job is done. Being expertly equipped from our 48,000 square foot facilities to a fleet of trucks, heavy moving equipment, backhoes and pneumatics means we are always here for you.
For all your drain repair, main water line, water line leaks, sewer line replacement, water line replacement, house trap, backwater valves, hydrants, manholes, specialty water main work, or to increase water pressure contact Balkan Plumbing for answers not excuses. Get a free no-obligation site visit