Joseph L. Balkan Inc is a proud member of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYS DMV) License Event Notification Service (L.E.N.S.) program. This innovative program allows Balkan Sewer and water main service to receive instant notifications via email concerning all licensed drivers in our fleet. By having up-to-date records Balkan is able to retain only the safest of drivers. Together with our in-house mechanics, Balkan matches together the safest vehicles and equipment with the safest drivers.
Participation in LENS has many benefits:
- you can find out if your drivers have valid licenses,
- you receive automatic notifications of changes to your drivers’ records,
- you can detect driving problems quickly,
- you can easily obtain a driver’s current driving record (known as an abstract, history or MVR),
- highway safety improves for everyone.
How does it work?
When you enroll in LENS, you choose any or all of the events for which you wish notifications:
- Accidents (Reportable)
- Point and Insurance Reduction Program Completions
- Suspensions and Revocations
About NYS DMV L.E.N.S.
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles welcomes you to our License Event Notification Service. LENS exists to serve the highway safety needs of the organizations in, and citizens of, New York State. LENS is a data service that gathers information daily from DMV’s driver license file, and then reports new information to you. LENS enables you to monitor the New York State license records of employees and volunteers who drive and train drivers on your organization’s behalf.