Joseph L.Balkan Inc. is a NYC sewer and water services company and an equal opportunity employer. We offer a wide variety of employment opportunities for motivated and hard working individuals. If you are interested in joining a leader in the NYC sewer and water main industry, then consider becoming a part of our team and grow along with us. Join the largest subsurface plumbing company and equal opportunity employer in the NYC metro area.
As a well established and licensed plumbing firm in business for over 60 years we routinely offer employment in the following job categories:
- Crew member – Learn from the underground up how the premier company in NYC installs water and sewer services.
- Crew leader – Become a leader and responsible for providing quality installations for the property owners of NYC.
- Backhoe operator - Be a skilled operator for one of the well maintained pieces of excavation equipment in our fleet.
- Field supervisor – Exceptionally talented individuals show show leadership quality and loyalty to the company are rewarded with the respected title of Field Supervisor – Field Supervisor is a title that is reviewed carefully before an individual attains it.
- Salesperson – After obtaining a high level of understanding and commitment to the Balkan code of ethics certain individuals are permitted to represent the firm as salespeople. This is a prestigious as Balkan is considered the premier sewer repair and water line repair company in New York City.
- Shop person – Part of our support staff is an individual that carefully maintains our facilities. That includes keeping our property and the surrounding public area clean and neat. In addition all tools and equipment must be kept in place – Having everything needed for an emergency plumbing repair means nothing if you can’t find it.
- Truck mechanic – Our fleet of vehicles and equipment depend on a professional grade mechanic familiar with all that is necessary to keep us rolling to our customers as promised and when promised.
- Assistant truck mechanic – As an assistant to our chief mechanic an individual is presented with a great learning opportunity. Our equipment and fleet are varied and great expertise is required.
- Truck driver – All drivers are carefully screened and road tested prior to being permitted to operate a piece of Balkan’s fleet. Past driving history is carefully checked and all applicants are subject to drug and alcohol testing – then random testing after employed. We are careful about who joins our team.
- Equipment operator – Balkan owns various specialty pieces of equipment such as truck-mounted cement mixers, roadway saw-cutting equipment, knuckle-boom trucks, and front end loaders. We provide a proper learning atmosphere for those that show the potential to operate these specialized pieces of equipment.
- Cement mason – Part of our promise of quality is next-day cement restoration performed at a high skill level. We routinely hire skilled tradesmen who can perform all aspects of cement work on a regular basis the year-round.
- Asphalt paver – As we perform all finished asphalt paving in-house we employ a full paving crew. Next-day final roadway paving is standard unless weather conditions do not permit so. These are year-round positions as we utilize a heated-body truck and specialty tools.
- Various office positions – Balkan operates a fully staffed office for 12 hours a day. From customer service representatives, to job coordinators, to human resources and bookkeeping positions. All skill sets are employed in a team-like atmosphere.
If you have a skill we may just have a position for it. In addition we provide an excellent atmosphere to learn a skill or trade in a professional atmosphere. All applicants are carefully screened to ensure only the proper candidate is allowed the opportunity to become part of our team.
We use the principal of personal attention when it comes to our employees. By treating our employees fairly, respectfully, and providing extensive in-house training and a full benefit package, we maintain a motivated, reliable, experienced staff, and a drug and alcohol free workplace. We are proud that our employees get the message of personal attention as well. This personal attention shows up in the quality and professionalism of every job and in all the work we do. To become a member of the Balkan Plumbing field force or office staff submit your information through our water main and sewer online employment form.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Balkan Plumbing is proud to be in full compliance with the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all subsequent titles, executive orders and amendments. “The Executive Order also required contractors to implement affirmative action plans to increase the participation of minorities and women in the workplace. Pursuant to federal regulations, affirmative action plans must consist of an equal opportunity policy statement, an analysis of the current work force, identification of problem areas, the establishment of goals and timetables for increasing employment opportunities, specific action-oriented programs to address problem areas, support for community action programs, and the establishment of an internal audit and reporting system.” *courtesy wikipedia
Contact a NYC sewer and water main equal opportunity employer via our sewer and water main employment 4/7 online form or call us at (718) 849-0900. Please include specific work experience with salary requirements. All applicants will be considered.